[Koha] Marc 21 for Koha 3.4

Chris Cormack chrisc at catalyst.net.nz
Sat Jan 14 09:23:53 NZDT 2012

* anaisabel.gonzalez at MCU.ES (anaisabel.gonzalez at MCU.ES) wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I have a question about the Marc 21 update used in the default framework of Koha version 3.4. Does anybody can tell me which is the Marc 21 Update used?
>
> The WorkGroup into the Koha-Kobli Community in Spanish (http://kobli.bage.es) is working in analyze the new functionalities for Koha and our customized distribution named Kobli. In order to study the Marc 21 – RDA we need to know the Marc 21 Update and if Koha Community has worked on it or has any report about it.
> (For further information about KOBLI , please see Koha archive http://lists.katipo.co.nz/pipermail/koha/2011-April/028481.html)
>
> Kind regards in advance,
>
> Nani Gonzalez Saez
> Koha-Kobli Community
> http://kobli.bage.es

Koha 3.6.2 (soon to be .3) is the current stable release. Perhaps
looking at that (3.8.0 will be released April 22) will be more useful?

But as far as I know the default MARC21 framework has not been
updated, I have seen frameworks with the RDA fields in them. And since
in Koha 3.6.x you can import and export frameworks, adding RDA support
in MARC (even though the Library of Congress has decided that is not
the right thing to do) is possible.

Chris

--
Chris Cormack