[Koha] Problem in searching the catalog

Sander898 scrittore at hotmail.it
Mon Dec 17 11:04:13 NZDT 2012

Hi everyone,
I'm experiencing a strange problem, I explain:

I have imported one record in Koha, the record has one title formed by some
word:

"Alice in wonderland"

The problem is that when I search this record in the catalog as "Library
catalog" I have some problems, I mean:

Library catalog: "A" [search]> ok, Koha find the record
Library catalog: "Al" [search]> ok, Koha find the record

Library catalog: "Ali" [search]> Koha can't find the record
Library catalog: "Alic" [search]> Koha can't find the record
Library catalog: "Alice" [search]> Koha can't find the record

Instead if I search for the other words of the title Koha works well, it
seems that the first word of the title has some problems if i search more
than two letters as "Library catalog"; because if I do the research as
"Title" also the first word "Alice" works well, and Koha find the record.

Have you an idea of what is the problem causing this issue?

I have try to restart the Zebra server, to do a manual re-index with -R; and
also to re-import the record, but the problem persist.

Thanks and regards
Sander