[Koha] Disappearing Cover Images

Manos PETRIDIS egpetridis at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 25 19:05:37 NZST 2012

I've managed to stop local images disappearing when pages complete loading,
but at the same time Amazon images have disappeared from my installation (as
per thread "Book covers" of Aug 24th).

Having read that Amazon integration is no longer feasible, is to be removed
in future koha versions, and that "The only Amazon integration that works is
book cover images because they don't require API access", I've set-up my
installation accordingly.

Well, as soon as I disabled AmazonEnabled, AmazonReviews,
AmazonSimilarItems, OPACAmazonEnabled, OPACAmazonReviews and
OPACAmazonSimilarItems, Amazon cover images disappeared although both
AmazonCoverImages and OPACAmazonCoverImages were set to "show" (
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/22465174/20120825_koha_2.gif ).

Despite its name, AmazonEnabled is described as "Use/Don't use data from
Amazon on the staff interface (including reviews and "Search Inside" links
on item detail pages). This requires that you have signed up for and entered
an access key". It would thus seem that this setting does not affect Amazon
cover images, as they don't require API access.

Furthermore, all images have disappeared from the administrative interface
lists ( https://dl.dropbox.com/u/22465174/20120825_koha_1.gif ), even when
both LocalCoverImages and OPACLocalCoverImages are set to "display" (
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/22465174/20120825_koha_3.JPG ). Using the settings
above, at least local images should appear at the administrative interface
lists, but in my case the cover images column has disappeared altogether.
The cover images column did not reappear even when I enabled some other
external source in OpenLibraryCovers. Using the settings above. Open library
covers do appear in OPAC lists (
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/22465174/20120825_koha_4.JPG ), with odd placement:
on the right when an image exists in Open library, below the local image
when no image exists in Open library.

The plot thickens... I'm at 3.08.04.000.

Manos Petridis