[Koha] PASIFIKA Koha: (Suva, Fiji): Monday 10 September, 2012

Pamela Bidwell pamela.bidwell at usp.ac.fj
Fri Aug 24 15:09:36 NZST 2012

Calling Pacific Libraries: Are you using the Koha library management system in your library, or considering moving to this system in future?

If so, you may be interested in a free one-day PASIFIKA Koha workshop on Monday 10 September 2012 held at the University of the South Pacific Laucala campus based in Suva, Fiji Islands.

We apologise for the short notice, we are seizing an opportunity created by another workshop scheduled at the university. Space is limited, so please book as soon as possible.

Regional and international bookings may be accepted, subject to space constraints (travel, accommodation and meals are the sole responsibility of those attending).

This all day workshop is divided into two streams:

Stream One: Koha users is based in a USP computer lab and covers use of the most important modules (Circulation, Cataloguing, OPAC etc), plus presentations on migration issues, remote hosting etc.
Speakers will include staff from a number of libraries who have successfully installed Koha, including Secretariat of the Pacific Community (SPC-SOPAC), the Solomon Islands College of Higher Education (SICHE) and the University of the South Pacific (used for teaching purposes).

Stream Two is for IT staff working or intending to work with Koha and will cover installation and maintenance issues for Koha, and includes a demonstration of a Koha installation. IT staff from libraries who have successfully installed Koha will be in attendance, including staff at Secretariat of the Pacific Community (SPC-SOPAC), the Solomon Islands College of Higher Education (SICHE) and the University of the South Pacific libraries. It may also include Q&A Skype calls to one or more international Koha experts (yes, we are seeking volunteers).

Both Streams include hands-on activities for participants.

Contact Pam Bidwell: pamela.bidwell at usp.ac.fj<mailto:pamela.bidwell at usp.ac.fj> for more details.

We acknowledge the generous support of the following libraries in the development of this workshop:

University of the South Pacific Libraries
Secretariat of the Pacific Community Libraries (SPC-SOPAC)
Solomon Islands College of Higher Education Libraries

We are also always interested in making contact with Pacific Island Koha Users - even if you can't attend this workshop, we may be able to help each other.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Regards
Pam Bidwell, Lecturer Library/Information Studies
School of Education
The University of the South Pacific
Laucala Campus, Suva, FIJI
Tel. (679) 323 2829