[Koha] kohaadmin password change

Manos Petridis egpetridis at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 19 20:33:10 NZST 2012

One further question: I recently changed the kohaadmin password, using the koha admin interface (i.e. for patron #1).
This change was necessary in order to be able to perform catalogue-ing off-site, connecting to port 8080 from any Internet-connected browser.
I did not change the operating system user password, nor the MySQL user password.

One would expect that patrons and their passwords were stored in the MySQL koha database itself, so koha functionality would remain as before.

To my surprise, I can't connect to koha, even from the same LAN. From the server I get the following errors:

Software error:
Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) at /home/koha/kohaclone/C4/Context.pm line 758.
Compilation failed in require at /home/koha/kohaclone/C4/Auth.pm line 31.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /home/koha/kohaclone/C4/Auth.pm line 31.
Compilation failed in require at /home/koha/kohaclone/mainpage.pl line 25.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /home/koha/kohaclone/mainpage.pl line 25.
 For help, please send mail to the webmaster (webmaster at koha), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

when I try the admin interface, and

Software error:
Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) at /home/koha/kohaclone/C4/Context.pm line 758.
Compilation failed in require at /home/koha/kohaclone/C4/Auth.pm line 31.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /home/koha/kohaclone/C4/Auth.pm line 31.
Compilation failed in require at /home/koha/kohaclone/opac/opac-main.pl line 22.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /home/koha/kohaclone/opac/opac-main.pl line 22.
 For help, please send mail to the webmaster (webmaster at koha), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

when I try the OPAC interface.

Have the errors above anything to do with the password change?
I repeat, I haven't changed (yet) the operating system user password, nor the MySQL user password, or thet of the MySQL root.

ΤΙΑ
Manos Petridis