[Koha] Importing Catalogue Records

franc at library.iisc.ernet.in franc at library.iisc.ernet.in
Sat Aug 11 03:08:44 NZST 2012

Dear Members,

I'm trying to import a few sample records using the 'Stage MARC records
for import' feature of KOHA-3.08.03. A sample ,mrk record is given below
for your reference:

=LDR  00000nam  2200000Ia 45e0^M
=008  120810s9999\\\\xx\\\\\\\\\\\\000\0\und\d^M
=020  \\$a001^M
=082  \\$a541.39$bN37^M
=100  \\$aBailey, K.C.^M
=245  \\$aGalactose regulation of yeast: From genetics to systms^M
=260  \\$c1937$bEdward Arnold$aBANGALORE^M
=300  \\$a100P^M
=952  \\$p2^M

After converting the .mrk file to .mrc file, records are successfully
imported. While staging the records for importing, I have ensured that the
'check for embedded item data record' is set to 'yes'.

Indexing through Zebra goes through without any issues. However, in the
search results, the Holding Details for 'item type', 'current location',
'home library' and 'call number' are all blank. I have looked up the Koha
documentation and also the Koha list's archived content, but not been able
to find a solution for my problem. Could I request for some guidance from
the fellow members?

In the Administrative cataloging preferences, NewItemsDefaultLocation is
set to JRDTML, the only library that exists as of now.

Thanks for your attention.

 - Francis

JRDTML, IISc, Bangalore, India

believed to be clean.