[Koha] Introduction & Help

Zachary Osborne librarian at torontobotanicalgarden.ca
Fri Apr 13 03:09:29 NZST 2012

Hi everyone,

My name is Zack and I'm the Librarian the Toronto Botanical Garden's
Library. I've recently installed Koha (version 3.06.02.003). I don't
consider myself to be very tech-savvy, so I'm optimistic that I will be
able to learn a lot from you, and from the Koha documentation.

My library currently uses InMagic DB/TextWorks as its Intergrated
Library System (ILS) for cataloguing and circulation. I am desperate to
migrate the ILS from InMagic to Koha, and am very excited to do so.

I've read a few threads about the InMagic to Koha conversion, and am
hopeful this will get me through the migration of its records and patron
data. So far I've downloaded MarcEdit, and have exported the InMagic
catalogue records as a CSV file. The next step is to map the fields from
InMagic to the MARC framework before uploading to Koha.

Has anyone else done this type of conversion before, from InMagic to
Koha?

Thanks, and I look forward to everything Koha has to offer!

-Zack

Zachary Osborne

Head Librarian

Toronto Botanical Garden