[Koha] CAS questions

Tom Hanstra tom at nd.edu
Tue Nov 1 09:11:05 NZDT 2011

Some questions about CAS authentication:

I have been able to link in our CAS service with Koha.  I get the "Log
in to your Account" page and choose to login via CAS.  This jumps me out
to our site CAS server.  OK so far.

Now for the wrinkle.  Our site wants to have the CAS login transaction
secure from end to end so it sends me back to:

https://kohapprd.library.nd.edu/cgi-bin/koha/opac-user.pl?ticket=<ticket #>

So, I had do create a secure server for the return trip.  I've tried to
do that via apache, but evidently don't have something set up properly.
When it comes back from the return trip, it is sending me back to the
Log In screen, whereas if I remove the "s" from https in the same URL:

http://kohapprd.library.nd.edu/cgi-bin/koha/opac-user.pl?ticket=<ticket #>

I get properly sent to the Koha screen with loans, fines, personal
details, etc.

But the URL I see is still the same (opac-user.pl).  So, where is the
redirection to this screen happening?  And why is my secure host not
getting to it?

Thanks,
Tom

      Tom Hanstra                              Systems Administrator
      Hesburgh Libraries of Notre Dame         Phone: (574)631-4686
      213 Hesburgh Library                     Email: tom at nd.edu
      Notre Dame, IN  46556

                         Please stop, I'm bored.
                                                Miss Sweetie Poo