[Koha] Record matching for biblios without ISBN or ISSN

Elaine Bradtke eb at efdss.org
Tue Nov 1 06:28:17 NZDT 2011

AHA!
Thanks, I had a feeling there was something I could do. . .  just not
looking in the right place!  Sorry to have bothered you all with such
a simple question.  Need more coffee.
Elaine

On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 5:22 PM, Ian Bays <ian.bays at ptfs-europe.com> wrote:
> Hi Elaine,
>
> Yes as long as your unique number is in the 001 you can set up a new match
> rule referring to "Control-number" and match on that.  I use that quite a
> lot.  I think I posted about it about a year ago.
> The Community documentation should be enough to get you going but do come
> back if you need more detail.
>
> Cheers.
> Ian
>
> On 31/10/2011 17:06, Elaine Bradtke wrote:
>>
>> Ours is a rather quirky collection, I know.  But an awful lot of it
>> doesn't have an ISBN or ISSN (1364 biblios in a collection of 1664
>> fall into this category). I am working on a project to batch change
>> all the biblios in a particular collection. Selecting them,
>> downloading them, and editing the MARC records was easy.  Now I would
>> like to upload them and overwrite the old records.  This only seems
>> possible for the 300 biblios with an ISBN.
>> We have unique internal control numbers (001).  Is there any way I can
>> match the records with this field instead?
>> If not, what are my other options?
>
> --
> Ian Bays
> Director of Projects
> PTFS Europe
> mobile: +44 (0) 7774995297
> phone: +44 (0) 800 756 6803
> skype: ian.bays
> email: ian.bays at ptfs-europe.com

Elaine Bradtke
Data Wrangler
VWML
Tel    +44 (0) 20 7485 2206 (This number is for the English Folk Dance
and Song Society in London, England. If you wish to phone me
personally, send an e-mail first. I work off site)