[Koha] Fwd: Z39.50 Search

Vitor Fernandes vitorfernandes87 at gmail.com
Fri May 27 02:13:56 NZST 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Vitor Fernandes <vitorfernandes87 at gmail.com>
Date: 2011/5/26
Subject: Re: [Koha] Z39.50 Search
To: Joel Harbottle <Joel.Harbottle at hotmail.com.au>

Hi Joel,

Thanks for the explanation.
I've developed a client (JAVA) to search Z39.50 servers and get records from it.

The problem is in the queries sent to the server, and I'm not familiar
with the query language.
I've checked out in Perl code of Koha and for example for search the
title the query is something like this:

@attr 1=4 "search word"

By the tests I've done, I think that the if the search word is "a*"
the search returns the resultset with the records that in the title
has at least one word started with a.
(@attr 1=4 "a*").

Now I need to pass another queries conditions. Something like:
(@attr 1=4 "a*") or (@attr 1=4 "b*").
It's this possible??

All help that you can send to me I'll be tremendously appreciated.

Regards.
Vitor Fernandes