[Koha] Idea: Basing Cart off Items instead of Biblios

Nicole Engard nengard at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 02:42:15 NZDT 2011

On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 8:38 AM,  <hansbkk at gmail.com> wrote:
> OK, so far so good. However I didn't realize there was such a thing as
> a "Biblio-level" hold, and in my case I can't imagine it would be much
> use, since most patrons wouldn't want "whatever item type of this
> biblio is returned next", only a specific item type.

Traditional cataloging rules state that you shouldn't be attaching
multiple item types to one bib record, so if you have multiple copies
of the book those should be on one bib record and if you have an audio
book that should be a different record. Not all libraries follow that
rule, but if that rule is followed then yes patrons would just want
the next copy of the item returned, not a specific item.

Thanks
Nicole C. Engard