[Koha] Idea: Basing Cart off Items instead of Biblios

hansbkk at gmail.com hansbkk at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 02:38:51 NZDT 2011

On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 6:47 PM, Ian Walls
<ian.walls at bywatersolutions.com> wrote:
> You can still have items of different item types attached to a single
> biblio; that's no problem.  And you could still have patrons add the biblios
> to their Carts, for tagging, putting on Lists or placing Biblio-level holds
> (amongst many others).  This should work just fine.

OK, so far so good. However I didn't realize there was such a thing as
a "Biblio-level" hold, and in my case I can't imagine it would be much
use, since most patrons wouldn't want "whatever item type of this
biblio is returned next", only a specific item type.

But I imagine an item-specific hold would still be available - perhaps
just not through carts/baskets?

> If this does break your use-case, though, you can disable the Cart for
> patrons by turning off opacbasket in the system preferences area.

Good to know, thanks.