[Koha] Koha - insecure = off

Fred Pierre fred.pierre at smfpl.org
Tue Jun 28 02:41:48 NZST 2011

Same here. I was testing, and some of my users could not log in. I wanted to
see if it was an IP address issue, or am authentication issue, so I turned
off authentication using the insecure switch in the system preferences,
under "Administration." Although it says something to the effect of "Do not
switch this off on a production system," I figured it would be OK on my test
machine, and I could immediately switch back.

I did not realize that it would completely deactivate the login system, and
deactivate it permanently. As a non-logged in user, I don't seem to have the
privileges to restart login security, and even manually changing the
insecure flag in the data field does not correct the issue.

I think it's a bug, and it is crippling, so take the advice on this radio
button seriously - once changed you lose control of your system, and it is
wide open for attack!