[Koha] A Problem

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Fri Jun 24 11:44:28 NZST 2011

Haik Zargaryan schreef op wo 22-06-2011 om 03:55 [-0700]:

> Firstly, I try to place a hold on an item the Koha prevents me of ding
> it and displays a message, namely

Check your item circulation rules. Most likely they're set such that
zero holds are allowed on the items.

> Secondly, when I import a Marc-record in Koha it does not show the
> authors name and simply ignores the fact, that I have properly
> indicated the data in the "Personal name" section of this field

By default, the author field (100) is linked to authority records. You
either need to have Koha automatically creating authority records for
you, or you need to remove the restriction. This latter can be done by
going through the MARC framework editor.

--
Robin Sheat
Catalyst IT Ltd.