[Koha] A Problem

Haik Zargaryan haikzargaryan at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 22 22:55:30 NZST 2011

Dear Koha community

I have recently started
to examine Koha and immediatelly face a couple of problems.

Firstly, I try to place a hold on an item the Koha
prevents me of ding it and displays a message, namely
Cannot
Place Hold

Too Many
Holds: Haik
Zargarian has too many holds.
No copies are
available to be placed on
hold
In fact, Haik Zargarian (fictive patron) has no holds on his account and
there are sevreal available items for this record.

Secondly, when I
import a Marc-record in Koha it does not show the authors name and simply
ignores the fact, that I have properly indicated the data in the "Personal name"
section of this field
100 ?   - MAIN
ENTRY--PERSONAL NAME −.

Furthermore,
when I access an existing record Koha diplays its author's name. However, when I
enter the "Edit" section and save the record without changing even a letter, the
author's name evaporates and I see a data like
this

Additional Authors:

Williams,
Richard S.,
Iceland--Orkustofnun
Series:

U.
S. Geological Survey Professional paper ; . No. 1746
Published by: U.S.
Department of the Interior/U.S. Geological Survey, (Reston, Va. :)
cm.

Please, any comments or explanations.

Thanks in
advance