[Koha] Problems with items and barcodes in 3.4

Fred Pierre fred.pierre at smfpl.org
Wed Jun 22 04:57:29 NZST 2011

   I got the problem solved here. Our indexing was malfunctioning, getting
stuck on a malformed Marc record, so the rest of the records did not get
indexed. I was running a rebuild_zebra.pl -x -b to try to repair the MARC
xml but it was failing without much explanation.

  We modified the zebra biblios configuration file to allow more memory for
the processes to run:

      koha/koha-dev/etc/zebradb/zebra-biblios.cfg

  changed lines

     /var/lib/zebradb/biblios/register:4G      from 4G to 40G
      var/lib/zebradb/biblios/shadow:4G      from 4G to 40G

   Then the rebuild_zebra.pl -x -b ran fully (it took a while) and the items
were barcode-searchable afterwards.

   I hope this helps!

Sincerely, Fred Pierre
Asst. Head of Library Systems