[Koha] Cart list downloading format

Owen Leonard oleonard at myacpl.org
Wed Jun 22 00:32:14 NZST 2011

>  Shall I download the list of books in the cart in any other format? There is
> only 3 formats to download the list.(RIS,Bibtex and iso). But I have to
> download it in .odt or .doc format.

I saw from the IRC log that you got some advice on this issue there,
but a reply on the list could be helpful to others as well. As someone
said on IRC, this is a case where Koha doesn't do what you want it to.
The only way to get Koha to offer downloads in another format would be
for you to develop (or pay to have developed) the feature you want.

It's important to note that the three formats which are offered are
formats designed for the handling of bibliographic records whereas
.odt, .doc, or .txt are not. There is no standard defining how a
bibliographic record should be expressed in .doc format, so any
implementation would make arbitrary decisions about how the output
would be formatted.

If this feature were to be developed, I would hope that it would be
implemented in such a way that there would be flexibility in how the
output was built so that each library could make that arbitrary
decision in their own way.

  -- Owen

--
Web Developer