[Koha] Virtual Koha

G. Laws glawson at rhcl.org
Thu Jun 9 03:45:03 NZST 2011

We have a test Koha server here that's partly like you describe. Our
base metal is a Sun Fire X4100 server running Solaris 10 and VirtualBox,
then we installed Koha on Debian in a VM. All that was fairly easy to
setup, but I think one of the things with a distributable VM is keeping
it up-to-date. Koha is a rapidly developing ILS, and a VM project would
require some frequent attention. Several months ago I think we also had
Koha on Debian in a VBox VM, on top of a Debian host.

OpenSuse, one of my go-to distros, actually has a good build service if
someone was inclined to use that.

https://build.opensuse.org/

We're kinda busy with a couple of project here so I probably couldn't
devote a lot of time to such a project at the moment, but I think it
would be a good project and well worth doing.

Greg
--------------------

On 06/08/2011 08:28 AM, Tim Bateson wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> Is anyone looking at creating a virtualised version of Koha so that
> people could download a Virtual Machine based on
> Open Virtualisation Format Archive (OVA). I tend to use Virtualbox for
> testing VMs and have had to create a few Debian based
> VMs recently.
>
> What should be included? ie pre create a library, items, groups,
> patrons etc or just have a base install of 3.4 with nothing configured ?
>
> Would it be of any interest or help to do this?
>

> All the best,
>
> Tim

Greg Lawson
Rolling Hills Consolidated Library