[Koha] cover images in koha

domingo.arroyo at MCU.ES domingo.arroyo at MCU.ES
Sat Jun 4 00:10:56 NZST 2011

Hey all,

Koha-Kobli 1.4, which is a customized version of Koha 3.4, includes a local repository for managing cover images and documents. The patch is in our GIT

http://git.berlios.de/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=kobli;a=commit;h=a41b2df71e4e2ad599812b86b2daa5dff832d96d

Here below the description of the local repository functionality:

Local repository of cover images and documents related with the biblio and documents related with the items. In the cataloguing section when adding a biblio exists the possibility of attach an image and/or a document to the biblio. The files uploaded are saved in the path specified in the system preference "dirFileLocalRepository". The names of the files are  "biblionumber.extension" uploaded.

The 856$u is changed to store the new url of the document, and the 856$y has "See document" as value.
When adding an item exists the possibility of attach a document to the item.
The names of the files uploaded are "biblionumber_itemnumber.extension".
Three new system preferences:

"dirFileLocalRepository": stores the path of the local repository.

"dirUrlLocalRepository": stores the url to access from http portocol of the local repository.

"LocalRepositoryCoverImages": show cover images if available.

"MaxSizeFileLocalRepository": max size to uploaded file in the local repository.

_________
Domingo Arroyo Fernández
Koha-Kobli