[Koha] Koha and Drupal

LAURENT Henri-Damien henridamien.laurent at biblibre.com
Thu Jul 21 09:19:30 NZST 2011

Le 20/07/2011 22:51, Sébastien Hinderer a écrit :
> Dear all,
>
> I'd be interested in building an OPAC within Drupal.
> I know that work has been started by BibLibre to develop a Koha
> Connector for SOPAC but I can't find the actual connector so I am
> wondering about the status of this project. Has it been given up or is
> it still developed ? How mature is it ?
>
> Many thanks in advance for any help with this.
> Best wishes,
> Sébastien.

hi Sébastien,
you may find on git.biblibre.com koha_biblibre.git (which are also on
git.koha-community.org/koha.git in so far as all the ils-di required
infrastructure is concerned), sopac.git and locuum.git and insurge.git,
which contains all the patches we had to do to install SOPAC on top of a
Koha installation.
It is working but it not that handy to install.
And some choices for SOPAC makes that project quite difficult to run
(namely sphinx and the insurge/locum technology and the fact that it
relies on old drupal version), along with quite hard coded css quite
restrict the potential of SOPAC.
We tried to contribute the patches we wrote in order to fix some bugs.
But it is free software, ppl may or may not take on your contributions
and proposals.
It is in production for some libraries. We can assist in the realization
of that or provide you with url for that.
We are still convinced that drupal is really a nice thing and the fact
that solr could be also used in drupal could make it really handy.
But this is another story.
Maybe you could also take a look at mkdrul from indexdata and find
something interesting.
Hope that helps.
--
Henri-Damien LAURENT