[Koha] Adding a 591 to Koha 3.4

Linda Culberson lculber at mdah.state.ms.us
Fri Jul 8 00:44:50 NZST 2011

All,
I have been trying unsuccessfully to have a 591 field show up in the
default and other frameworks in Koha 3.4.  The field appears to be there
when setting up the frameworks, but when I go to do a new catalog record
or open a record that has a 591 field it isn't there. I have the 591 in
as  repeatable, using tab 5, and have tried visibility options for
subfield 'a' as 0, 1, and 4.  Since I don't want it to appear in the
opac, I would prefer the "hidden" setting to be 1 or 4. When I couldn't
get it to appear when adding a new record I changed it to 0 but it still
is not the when adding or editing a record.

  We had moved our donor/cost information from the 590 to the 591 to
keep it from appearing in the OPAC, but the effect has be for it to
disappear entirely from the staff client as well as the OPAC.  I can see
it in biblioitems.marcxml where datafield tag='591' so I know that the
data is there.

Has any one else noticed this behavior or have a solution? Thanks for
your help.
Linda Culberson      lculber at mdah.state.ms.us
Archives and Records Services Division
Ms. Dept. of Archives & History
P. O. Box 571
Jackson, MS 39205-0571
Telephone:  601/576-6873   Fax:  601/576-6824