[Koha] Items migration along with records

Nitesh Rijal rijal.it at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 19:34:19 NZDT 2011

Hello all.

I am using KOHA since more than a year now. Whenever we have a client who
has to migrate there data to KOHA, we are only able to convert their Records
and not Items. This is one of the thing that we are not able to implement
KOHA in such a large scale.

Last month, we went to Bangladesh at East West University, to implement KOHA
there. The records were migrated very easily as usual, but the problem was
with items.
They had a lot of items with all barcodes already set. They wanted all the
items imported in KOHA with the same barcode.

With the IT persons there, we made an excel sheet with the items and
barcodes and inserted them in the "items" table. The process was successful
and then all the records had items shown while browsing them.

Now we have a problem. When we find a record by biblionumber, it shows the
items and their barcodes, but when we find the same record in the search
result it only shows 1 item. Also, while scanning the barcode, it says no
items found.

I have already rebuild zebra many times. What may be the solution for this?

Please Help.

PS: we only inserted data in "items" table, but there is a "marcxml" field
in "biblioitems" whose value also has the subfield information. So, what is
the actual way? When I add new item through koha interface, which tables
does it affect?

--
Er. Nitesh Rijal
rijal.it at gmail.com