[Koha] delete inventory of one library

Rachel Hollis Rachel.Hollis at stevenshenager.edu
Fri Jan 28 08:20:29 NZDT 2011

Thank you Chris! You can be sure I'll back up the DB! :-)

So my first step is to make sure that all items in the library to be removed have an available status, correct?

The library to be removed shares a Home Library but does have a separate Shelving Location. (Good thing too because I've noticed that there are items that have different Home Libraries but with the same Shelving Location and these also need to be removed.) Would the query look like
SELECT barcode FROM items WHERE items.location='location to be removed' INTO OUTFILE '/tmp/barcodes';

What I really like about this project is that only the barcodes for the one location will be deleted leaving other items on a shared biblio, sweet! Another awesome thing is that the library/location to be removed has not used Acquisitions or Serials.

I've been asked why we are deleting a library and its inventory. The library will be using another automation system; I wish them luck with their project.

Rachel Hollis, librarian