[Koha] koha-error_log buffering

Peter Huerter pete.huerter at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 06:31:47 NZDT 2011

My debugging print statements (warn "string") stop writing to koha-error_log.
I'm thinking this may be a buffering issue.

E.g. in Matcher.pm I've tried

	STDERR->autoflush(1);
	print STDERR "source_keys: @source_keys, target_keys: @target_keys\n";

and
	select((select(STDERR), $|=1)[0]);
	warn "source_keys: @source_keys, target_keys: @target_keys\n";

I've also tried rebooting.. but I'm no longer able to write to
koha-error_log.  Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

How do you do debugging print statements?  Is there a way of explicitly
flushing (like fflush in C) in Perl?

I'm trying to track down where/why my matching rules on 020$a, and 008/7-10
are failing.

Thanks,
Pete.