[Koha] Upgrade from package (3.02.09 to 3.04.03)

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Sat Aug 20 19:00:52 NZST 2011

Op zaterdag 20 augustus 2011 18:07:25 schreef u:
> I did "apt-get update" then "apt-get upgrade" but no pop message appeared
> instead
>
> The following packages have been kept back:
> koha-common

That means one of a couple of things, but the essential bit is that Debian
isn't upgrading it for some reason.

Most often you see it when the package has been manually held for some reason,
although I expect that you'd know if that were the case.

The other is that that apt is uncomfortable about installing the new
dependencies. If this is the case, try:
aptitude upgrade
which will usually ask you about them (although I would have expected apt to
do this also), or:
apt-get dist-upgrade
which tells apt that you're OK with it making slightly bigger changes.

You could also try:
apt-get install koha-common
which may force it to override the holding.

Let me know how you get on.
--
Robin Sheat
Catalyst IT Ltd.