[Koha] Problems after upgrade to 3.4.3

Olugbenga Adara gbengaadara at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 6 00:24:33 NZST 2011

Hello Chris,

--- On Thu, 8/4/11, Chris Cormack <chris at bigballofwax.co.nz> wrote:

From: Chris Cormack <chris at bigballofwax.co.nz>
Subject: Re: [Koha] Problems after upgrade to 3.4.3
To: "Olugbenga Adara" <gbengaadara at yahoo.com>
Cc: koha at lists.katipo.co.nz
Date: Thursday, August 4, 2011, 12:03 PM

2011/8/4 Olugbenga Adara <gbengaadara at yahoo.com>

> Hello all,
>
> I have just finished an upgrade from 3.2.10 to 3.4.3 and after the upgrade, ran the remove_items_from_biblioitems.pl script. I had the following error repeatedly - use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) . After the script completed, I re-indexed zebra and ran a search from the OPAC, I got results but every biblio in all the results always say item is not available, despite the items being displayed in the details page.
>
> Also circulating books give the error - "Can't call method "subfield" on an undefined value at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Biblio.pm line 2835." even though checking the patron's record later shows the book has been successfully checked out.
>
> Is there a way i can verify that the items were successfully removed from biblioitems?
>
> One thing with this installation is that the Marc - Koha mappings are not the standard Koha ones. the install has been coming from 2.2.9 and I had to modify record.abs to get zebra to work.
>
> Any tip/suggestion to get the problem solved will be appreciated.

I suspect that the changed mappings are the root cause of the problem

To check the item data has been removed, do a
SELECT marcxml FROM biblioitems limit 1;

There should be no item data in there.

Thanks so much for the reply. Using your command, I can verify the items has been removed from biblioitems. And I believe the mappings are the cause of the problem.

When I put 952bdop in the AlternateHoldingsField systems preferences (the permanent location is 952$d while holdingbranch is 952$b, barcode is 952$p) the OPAC now shows item availability.

Any advice to correct the mappings? If I do leave the system in this state, would it have any repercussions in the future?

Thanks

Olugbenga Adara