[Koha] memc missing

Mizst Audens mizstik at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 11:47:48 NZST 2011

I don't know about Debian, but I've had more than my fair share of problems
with packages from Ubuntu repo, and usually a compile from upstream source
fixes the problems. I remember a case with php5-gd where Debian refuses to
update their repo to the new version, causing widespread problems for any
php app relying on image scaling. For a while, the only way to fix it was to
compile from upstream source. So you see where I'm coming from.

But besides that, an immediately visible benefit is that you don't have to
go hunt for package names in repos if you use cpan. You can just grab the
name that's given by the dependency checker.

--Mizst