[Koha] memc missing

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Sat Apr 30 11:03:18 NZST 2011

2011/4/30 Mizst Audens <mizstik at gmail.com>:
> Sorry for misunderstanding. Normally you get perl modules from CPAN like
> this:
> $ cpan CGI::Session::Driver::memcached
> That's usually a safer bet than relying on distro repository. Normally you'd
> fall back to the repo when there's a conflict of some sort, or it fail to
> compile.
> I thought you tried cpan without the -ached part so it could not be found at
> first.

I disagree, I would thoroughly recommend that if you are using Debian
you should always use the packaged version first, and only use CPAN if
it isn't packaged.
That way you get the added security of the debian security team
looking at your bugs, system upgrades don't break your locally
installed modules, and a myriad of other reasons.

Having said that, for this one, you can either grab the package from
sid (unstable) and dpkg -i it on, or use dh-make-perl or as a last
resort CPAN it on.

It obviously missed the cut for squeeze.

Chris