[Koha] Hello to all!

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Thu Apr 28 05:45:06 NZST 2011

On 28 Apr 2011 05:07, "Tomas Cohen Arazi" <tomascohen at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 2:00 PM, Kurt Bodling <kbodling at mountvernon.org>
wrote:
> > Walker,
> >
> > Since it sounds like some others have had trouble (for various reasons)
either upgrading or installing in Ubuntu, could you follow-up with some
specifics regarding just what kind of set up you had before, and what you
did to install with zero problems -- as a guide to those following in your
footsteps.

> People are reporting problems using debian packages, stock install
> following INSTALL.ubuntu.lucid included in the source works like a
> charm here.

Id be amazed if someone managed to install 3.4.0 from packages, since a
package for it doesn't exist yet. So no I dont think its that :)

The problems reported here are from people who didn't use the INSTALL file
that comes with Koha. So I recommend using that, in this case (ubuntu) the
INSTALL.ubuntu or INSTALL.ubuntu.lucid.

And of course download.koha-community.org is where you should grab the
tarball from. Basically if it hasnt come from a .koha-community.org site
(either git or download) its not really Koha, thats where all official
releases are from, accept no imitations :)

Chris