[Koha] 3.4 install prev: Re: Hello to all!

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Thu Apr 28 05:51:29 NZST 2011

On 28 Apr 2011 05:34, "Walker Blackwell" <forums at walkerblackwell.com> wrote:

> Related to questions about installing 3.4. I installed mine on a fresh
Ubuntu 10.04 64bit server.

> ----------------
>
> 1. Started with a new VMware image of Ubuntu 10.04 AMD64bit with all
security and other packages updated.

> 2. Installed Apache2, MYSQL5 and set up the mysql DBs.
>
> 3. Downloaded using Git and followed the instructions for a Ubuntu
install. (including test DB, etc.)

> 4. Ran the install procedure and then used CPAN for all remaining
uninstalled perl modules. No problems with the CPAN. Amazing!

> 5. Finished setting up the virtual domains in for apache/koha.
>
> 6. Rebooted, logged into the server from another computer
(theipaddress:8080) and finished the setup.

> 7. Imported some marc records from my 3.2 export. (I might just dump mysql
from my 3.2 db to my 3.4 db so I can retain item types. I don't know if this
is possible.)

> (If I dump all my mysql tables from my old db and import into the new one,
will 3.4 recognize that it is an old db and update it? I wish their was an
"export database" button in the staff client.)

Yes, that will work, but read the UPGRADE section of the INSTALL file, after
the webinstaller has done its thing, you will need to run a command to move
all the item data of of the biblio data, then rebuild your zebra index. The
commands are in that file.

This is a major change between 3.2.x and 3.4.0, anyone upgrading needs to
read that part of the INSTALL file.

Chris