[Koha] Advanced Search

Paula Quint P.Quint at muziekcentrumnederland.nl
Wed Apr 13 21:19:36 NZST 2011

Let me introduce myself first. My name is Paula Quint and I work as a project manager at Music Centre the Netherlands. With the help and support of Biblibre we migrated 7 different databases to Koha. Recently we upgraded to 3.3.  As we are a music library we needed to extend the advanced search by adding several fields, for instance 048 ## - NUMBER OF MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS OR VOICES CODE.
But when I execute my questions I get many more results. Koha gives me not only the statement I entered for 048 but also in the title or anywhere else. Usually entering quotes (like in google) will help, but Koha does not seem to notice them. In the manual I can't find a way to solve this. Can anyone advise me how to manage the advanced search in the way I described?
Thanks for your help!
Best regards,
Paula Quint

Paula Quint
Projectleider afd. Staf

Muziek Centrum Nederland
Rokin 111
1012 KN Amsterdam
tel: +31 (0)20 344 60 73
p.quint at muziekcentrumnederland.nl<mailto:p.quint at muziekcentrumnederland.nl>
www.muziekcentrumnederland.nl<http://www.muziekcentrumnederland.nl/>

 P please consider the environment before printing this e-mail