[Koha] Installing koha via packages

masabai info at thelanguageproject.org
Thu Apr 7 15:07:58 NZST 2011

Nouman Soomro <noumansoomro at ...> writes:

> Hi all!
> I am not familar of Linux so I want to install latest koha version on UBUNTU
10.10. How can I install through packages as it is much easy way for
installation as I have done already of koha 3.0.06 on Ubuntu 10.04(lucid). Is s
>  ame installation guide will working for latest one.
> Thanks

We used Koha Live CD by Mizstik  http://kohalivecd.mizstik.com/ He now has
release 8 but we used release 7 in mid January which came with Ubuntu 10.10 and
all dependencies. We are newbies and it was a dream, we installed on a new empty
machine and maybe 15 minutes later everything was installed (it's done
automatically, no dependencies to get) and then as soon as we exported and
imported our SQL tables from our old setup we were ready to go. He provides
great tech support...just post to his discussion group and he gets right back.
The only problem we had was getting automatic email notices to work.

If you download and burn the CD you can also run from the CD and check it out
before you install.