[Koha] Multiple bulk imports

Elaine Bradtke eb at efdss.org
Wed Sep 29 05:19:28 NZDT 2010

Has anyone done their bulk imports in batches?  We've got different
collections that are in separate databases.  I was planning to import
each collection separately, because there are slightly different
things that have to be done to the data in each collection.
But there's a catch (isn't there always).  There are duplicate copies
of some the same items across the collections.  It seems logical that
they should share the same biblio, and have the location, and
collection information at the item level. How does this work if you
are importing the different collections in sequence?  A lot of our
stuff pre-dates ISBN so even identifying them may be a trick.
However, I was wondering how / if anyone has dealt with this problem.

--
Elaine Bradtke
Data Wrangler