[Koha] New to the list

James Ghiorzi JGhiorzi at lib.co.san-benito.ca.us
Tue Sep 28 05:41:33 NZDT 2010

Hello KOHA world,

I just signed up for the list as our library is seriously thinking about moving over to KOHA.  We are a small County Library on the Central Coast Of California.  We have one bookmobile and one Mobile Learning Center.  Our library circulation has steadily increased over the last three years that we have had our New Director Nora Conte, and we are looking at KOHA because of the savings it offers in the way of hardware, and support, and the fact that it comes with SIP II doesn't hurt either :).

So to start with a couple questions right out the gate and you will have to forgive a complete KOHA Newb.

1.  Has anyone successfully implemented printing receipts from Citizen iDp printers?  I have tried some configuration suggestions I found on the community site but those were for Epson Printers.  I have tried installing the correct Citizen Driver, Generic Driver and drivers from other printers to get it to work but thus far nothing.

2.  Has anyone done or know off a script of form for Patron Self Registration?

Again thank you all for your patience and understanding.

Respectfully,

James Ghiorzi
Library Assistant II
San Benito County Free Library