[Koha] More info about my patch on Unimarc holdings (995 field)

Zeno Tajoli tajoli at cilea.it
Thu Sep 9 02:16:59 NZST 2010

  Hi to all,

only today I can read the log of IRC meeting at 01/set./2010.
The lines about this topic, the unimarc holding field, are here:
http://stats.workbuffer.org/irclog/koha/2010-09-01#i_494525

You can see my proposal here:

in the last lines of the page.

My patch is here:
http://lists.koha-community.org/pipermail/koha-patches/2010-August/012413.html

This patch in fact transalte the French 995 setup in the English setup
so is compatible with
the present Unimarc french installations

The only real differece is to use $942^0 for popularity.
The change is in the file ..etc/zebradb/marc_defs/unimarc/biblios/record.abs
I insert the line

melm 942$0        popularity:n,popularity:s,item

instead of

melm 995$s        popularity:n,popularity:s,item

Why we need a default about holding field ?

-- For indexing, the file etc/zebradb/marc_defs/unimarc/biblios/record.abs is only one for every language
-- For help new user on migration, we can say them: "use this subfields".
-- To have a setup where Koha features (lost/withdrawn, circulation, etc.) are working immediatly

Probably english Unimarc setup is not used from a library, but can be use as a standard to start a translation and a localization.

I propose to insert this patch in 3.2, for me is very important

--
Zeno Tajoli
CILEA - Segrate (MI)