[Koha] Roadmap for EDI/9XX

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Sat Sep 4 04:38:03 NZST 2010

Conelly, Max A. wrote:
>      My library is currently looking towards a migration to Koha. We
> have seen that there is no EDI/9XX functionality currently. I have seen
> that there was some discussion about "maybe" having EDI in 3.4.

The co-op has EDIFACT functionality working.  As I understand it, to
get it into a Koha release, we need to clean it up, publish it, merge
our offline 3.0.x fork (which happened basically because of a
disagreement between a past release manager and our clients' deadlines
- sorry to retreat old ground) back into Koha and update it to work
with the new post-3.2 acquisitions system.

Some existing contributors have offered to help us and a fuller
announcement about that should appear soon.  I really expect this to
be in 3.4.  When 3.4 appears is up to its release manager.

Hope that informs,
Webmaster, Debian Developer, Past Koha RM, statistician, former lecturer.
Available for hire for Koha work http://www.software.coop/products/koha