[Koha] iphone/android scanner apps?

Magnus Enger magnus at enger.priv.no
Sat Oct 16 22:18:27 NZDT 2010

On 16 October 2010 09:16, Reed Wade <reedwade at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2010/10/16 Chris Cormack <chrisc at catalyst.net.nz>:
>> * david at lang.hm (david at lang.hm) wrote:
>>> has anyone thought of having iphone/andoid apps to act as bar-code
>>> scanners and handling infrastructure tasks (shelving, checkin, etc)
>
>> I think Reed is planing to polish it a bit more then put it out there
>> for people to use.
>
> see-
>
> http://reedwade.net/android/webscan/

Looks really interesting!

And this might be a good opportunity to plug one of my own current
"hobby" projects, which I have called moBibl - a mobile, web-app
interface for libraries.

Currently there are two versions, the original is based on jQTouch and
available here:
http://mobibl.no/
Source code:
http://github.com/MagnusEnger/moBibl

I have run into some problems with jQTouch, so currently I am trying
to rework what I have done with iUI:
http://dev.mobibl.no/
Source code:
http://github.com/MagnusEnger/moBibl-iUI
(Warning! This code is even more of a mess than the one above. Not for
the faint of heart!)

These are both very much works in progress, some things work and some
things don't, the code probably makes it obvious that I am not really
a programmer, installation instructions are non-existent etc...

The functionality is currently limited to
- searching (based on Z39.50/SRU through the Glitre component
(http://github.com/glitre/glitre) that I am working on for another
project) and
- news items, based on RSS.
The good thing is that it should work with any ILS that has Z39.50 or
SRU (Glitre might need some tweaking, though).

In time I dream of implementing some Koha-specific functionality,
specifically all the functionality made possible by Koha's ILS-DI
protocol (both in order to be useful to patrons and to show off what
can be done with an ILS that supports cool protocols and APIs). If
anyone finds this interesting and would like to chip in I'd be
delighted!

May the source be with you!
Magnus Enger
libriotech.no