[Koha] Foundation conversation

JAMES Mason mason at kohaaloha.com
Sat Oct 16 20:31:01 NZDT 2010

>> I like the "it's people -- not companies" scheme myself.
>
> Obviously I disagree in at least some limited form.
>
> However if people form the anti-PTFS side are unwilling to compromise, I see only two options:
> 1) Two Kohas with the same name that will only more confuse people and make the issues David Lang mentioned much worse and more wide spread, or
> 2) The anti-PTFS people finishing the fork of the product and coming up with a new name for there version.

Ed, the obvious option you missed was this one...
3) The *PTFS* people finishing the fork of their product and coming up with a new name for their version. :)

well... thats already been done!!!  its called LEK :)

seriously tho, why would we (read: everyone else in the greater-international-Koha-community) want to abandon our project's name (10 years folks!) because one 'stubbon' company forced us to change our website from A -> B

the Koha project continues regardless of what PTFS decides to do in the future

and in other news... congrats to software-coop and bywater!
http://liswire.com/content/bywater-solutions-and-softwarecoop-collaborating-koha-edi-support

way to collaborate Guys!

cheers, Mason
--