[Koha] Foundation conversation

Jared Camins-Esakov jcamins at cpbibliography.com
Sat Oct 16 15:45:25 NZDT 2010

> It seems, from reading comments so far, that some are in favor of a
> foundation and some are not.  Many ideas have been shared to the listserv
> and our initial proposal remains on the wiki.

That seems an accurate assessment. For those of us who were not privy to the
foundation-forming discussion of last year, I think it would be helpful if
the reasons for establishing a new foundation could be set forth. I read
over the wiki, and it seems to talk more about how the foundation should be
set up, and less about why. In fact, the comparison chart (
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Comparison_chart_of_associations_and_foundations
)
doesn't even express clearly the pros of the new foundation approach (either
of them). I think, for me at least, this discussion would be more coherent
if I knew why it was being repeated.

Regards,
Jared Camins-Esakov

--
Jared Camins-Esakov
Freelance bibliographer, C & P Bibliography Services, LLC
(e-mail) jcamins at cpbibliography.com
(web) http://www.cpbibliography.com/