[Koha] Importing bulk authorities and linking to MARC 653

Elaine Bradtke eb at efdss.org
Wed Oct 13 03:31:38 NZDT 2010

We are using 653 - which in MARC is for uncontrolled terms.  They're
not from a recognized thesaurus, because our collection is so
specialized, but they are controlled locally - in that I've imposed
certain standards and have built our own thesaurus.  I want to link
our authority records for terms to this field.

When I upload the data as authority records, will it link to the 653 field?
I'm assuming it will go into the TOPIC_TERM authority list. (they're
in 150 fields)
When I looked at the MARC Bibliographic Framework for 653a it didn't
seem to be able to link to TOPIC_TERM
Is this because it's empty, or do I have to set something somewhere else?

Thanks again for your patience,
--
Elaine Bradtke
Data Wrangler