[Koha] Support for Nicole Engard

JAMES Mason mason at kohaaloha.com
Tue Oct 12 11:28:58 NZDT 2010

On 2010-10-12, at 6:44 AM, Chris Cormack wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Over the weekend (NZ time) PTFS/Liblime posted a blog post on their
> company blog directly aimed at Nicole Engard.
> http://blogs.liblime.com/open-sesame/archives/728
>
> Most of you know Nicole as the Koha documentation manager, who has
> spent 1000's of hours of her life, some paid, some unpaid, working on
> Koha.
>
> You can see from the currently first comment on that blog, that
> PTFS/Liblime's version of events does not tally with the recollection
> of the president of the Illinois chapter of SLA, who were running the
> webinar.
>
> Nicole also responded on her own blog
> http://www.web2learning.net/archives/4177
>
> Where she has received much support as well as hostile comments from
> people who believe this kind of behaviour from PTFS/Liblime is
> perfectly ok.
>
> Well I don't. I would just like to state publicly  here that I stand
> behind Nicole and I don't think her being attacked by a corporation is
> right. I encourage others to also support Nicole.
>
> Chris

Hi all,

i feel strongly enough about this incident to comment too.
I have also added my support to Nicole's blog too

simply put (with the exception of Chris.C) Nicole plays the most crucial role in the *entire* Koha project
why?? because no-one else can be bothered to do that role... except Nicole

As a fellow ex-employee of LibLime (auspicious alumni indeed!), i wish to express my disgust against the personal (and refuted) attack against Nicole by PTFS/Liblime, and to offer my support to Nicole

PTFS/LibLime owe both Nicole and Dianna a public apology for this incident

Cheers, Mason
--
Mason JAMES                                         www.kohaaloha.com
KohaAloha Ltd. NZ                               TEL: (+64) 4 889 0966