[Koha] Help needed in importing data from CSV or Excel

Olugbenga Adara gbengaadara at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 30 03:10:22 NZDT 2010

Hello,

> I created a sample record like this using marcedit.
>
> =LDR   00000nam  2200000Ia 45e0
>
> =008   101128s9999\\\\xx\\\\\\\\\\\\000\0\und\d
>
> =020   \\$aisbn
>
> =245  $aDIGITAL SIGNAL PROCESSING $cOPENHAIM
>
> =260  \\$c1999$bPHI PUBLISHERS
>
> =300   \\$a580
>
> =952  \\$p0000001
>
> But the koha doesn't import it.  What is the problem with my record.

For one your 952 tag is missing the permanent and holding branch  information.
Usually 952$a and 952$b. What I usually recommend is for  you to enter a record
through the cataloging module. Then save this  record from the OPAC as MARC and
have a look at the exported record  using marcedit. It gives you a good idea of
what tags/fields are  required in your Koha setup.

I hope this helps

 Olugbenga Adara
Mobile: 234-803-3220288