[Koha] bulk import of authorised values?

Peter Huerter pete.huerter at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 05:24:32 NZDT 2010

Is there a way to do a bulk import of "authorized values"?  I have not been
able to find KOHA user interface support for this.

If there is no user interface support for this, then can I *safely* add new
authorised values to the SQL authorised_values table directly?

I am wondering if I can do something like this:

In MYSQL, to add a new "MILITARY" authorised value to LOC:
1. SELECT * from authorised_values;
    And determine the next 'id' available, call it <id> in what follows.
2. INSERT INTO authorised_values
    VALUES (<id>, 'LOC', 'military', 'MILITARY', NULL);

Thanks,
Pete.

Context:

Specifically, I'm interested in adding "LOC" authorized values.  I've added
Authorized values).  They are called "RARE", and "MILITARY".

These values are making it into the following SQL table:

(To dump all LOC authorised values I do this ..)

mysql> select * from authorised_values where category = "LOC";
+----+----------+------------------+----------------------+----------+
| id | category | authorised_value | lib                  | imageurl |
+----+----------+------------------+----------------------+----------+
| 12 | LOC      | FIC              | Fiction              | NULL     |
| 13 | LOC      | CHILD            | Children's Area      | NULL     |
| 14 | LOC      | DISPLAY          | On Display           | NULL     |
| 15 | LOC      | RARE             | Rare book collection |          |
| 16 | LOC      | STAFF            | Staff Office         | NULL     |
| 17 | LOC      | GEN              | General Stacks       | NULL     |
| 18 | LOC      | AV               | Audio Visual         | NULL     |
| 19 | LOC      | REF              | Reference            | NULL     |
| 31 | LOC      | military         | Military             |          |
+----+----------+------------------+----------------------+----------+
9 rows in set (0.00 sec)

(To dump the structure of authorised_value table I do this ..)

mysql> show columns from authorised_values;
| Field            | Type         | Null | Key | Default | Extra          |
| id               | int(11)      | NO   | PRI | NULL    | auto_increment |
| category         | varchar(10)  | NO   | MUL |         |                |
| authorised_value | varchar(80)  | NO   |     |         |                |
| lib              | varchar(80)  | YES  |     | NULL    |                |
| imageurl         | varchar(200) | YES  |     | NULL    |                |