[Koha] how to search articles details in journals? any option from koha

Elaine Bradtke eb at efdss.org
Thu Nov 25 23:08:17 NZDT 2010

It is possible to catalogue individual articles in Koha (analyticals).
 You may use a 773 field (MARC 21) as a link back to the parent item
(the Journal itself).  I don't think it would be a good idea to put
long strings of 774 (constituent item) links in the Journal record.
There is some limit as to how much information will fit in a Koha
biblio.

Elaine

2010/11/25 Yatheesh Y <yatheeshb at gmail.com>:

> Is there any option  in koha to search "articles details"  in print journals
> ?
>
> all libraries  are subscribing print journal if a user want to search an
> article he has to search all previous  issues.
>
> If any option is available to enter articles details under" journal" user
> can search from OPAC
>
> can we create ?
>
> Yatheesh

Elaine Bradtke