[Koha] RFC Discussion

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Fri Nov 12 06:35:33 NZDT 2010

Magnus Enger wrote:
> On 11 November 2010 15:52, MJ Ray <mjr at phonecoop.coop> wrote:
> > I decided not to do that because RFCs using only the template aren't
> > actually *in* the category page, but are only shown when you click
> > "What links here" in the left navigation on the category page (which
> > doesn't really exist for Serials yet, as you'll notice).
>
> Hm, wouldn't it be better if they were in the category? I can't quite
> see why you would want to link to the category but not put the RFC in
> it?

I didn't know how to do that from the template.  I've given it a go as
you describe at the same time as adding chris_n's voting note.

> > I hope there's some way to search for "Category:RFC link:Category:Serials"
> > and "Category:Serials -Category:RFC" but I've not found it yet in
> > MediaWiki.  Anyone know if it's possible?
>
> Sounds complicated... ;-)

It's simple: most search engines can do it, why not mediawiki? ;-)

Thanks,
Past Koha Release Manager (2.0), LMS programmer, statistician, webmaster.
Available for hire for Koha work http://www.software.coop/products/koha