[Koha] How to generate icon for "electronic - remote" books

Stacy Pober stacy.pober at manhattan.edu
Sat Nov 6 10:42:32 NZDT 2010

Zeno,

You misunderstood.  I am not looking to generate custom icons.  There are
icons that appear to be standard in the XSLT display that are not documented
in the Koha manuals.  One example is the icon for biography, which does show
up with XSLT turned on, but is not listed in the documentation.

An example would be the icon for "biography", which looks like a little
Playskool weeble.  The icon isn't documented in the manual as far as I can
determine.  Same goes for the "remote" icon for electronic remote
resources.  (i.e. internet accessible ebooks).

I searched the catalog at some independent Koha sites and found the same
sort of icons showing up when XSLT was turned on, so this isn't a LEK issue
as such.  Whether there are some specific additions to the icon lists in the
LEK software is something I don't know. because the manual doesn't seem to
be different in this section.

Anyone have more information on which MARC field and fixed-field positions
generate each icon?   I would like to customize our MARC records for ebooks
so that they produce the correct icons.  Some of the MARC records from
publishers are somewhat sloppy in this regard.  Some use coding that will
put the "computer file" icon in the XSLT display.  (Springer Link ebook
records directly from Springer have this issue, though the OCLC supplied
sets for those books do not.)

I have also sent this query to PTFS.

Best,
Stacy