[Koha] Upgrading from 3.0.6 to 3.2

Chris Nighswonger cnighswonger at foundations.edu
Thu Nov 4 06:47:44 NZDT 2010

2010/11/3 Martin Longo <jmlongo at uncu.edu.ar>:
> Hello list ...
>
> Today I was testing around the new koha 3.2 release (very last
> 3.02.00.004)... trying to upgrade our current production Koha (3.0.6) ...

It looks like you are actually upgrading to the current HEAD rather
than the 3.02.00.004 release based on the last error thrown by
updatedatabase.pl

> I just droped the new database and loaded the old one, to see if
> updatedatabase.pl would take all the work on it's shoulders...
>
> And it did... almost.
>
> In step 3 I had a lot of errors and I'd like to know if someone has faced
> the same situation and have any tips on the matter.
> Most of them refer to duplicated entries and already present tables (could I
> assume that that's not a big problem?) except for this two (that seems to be
> a little more troublesome):
>
> [Wed Nov 3 13:10:16 2010] updatedatabase.pl: DBD::mysql::db do failed: You
> have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your
> MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near
> './koha-tmpl/opac-tmpl/prog/en/xslt/MARC21slim2OPACResults.xsl,'YesNo')' at
> line 2 at /home/koha/koha-clone/installer/data/mysql/updatedatabase.pl line
> 3449.
> [Wed Nov 3 13:10:16 2010] updatedatabase.pl: DBD::mysql::db do failed: You
> have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your
> MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near
> './koha-tmpl/opac-tmpl/prog/en/xslt/MARC21slim2OPACDetail.xsl,'YesNo')' at
> line 2 at /home/koha/koha-clone/installer/data/mysql/updatedatabase.pl line
> 3453.

These is a bug and should be reported. It appears that the path/file
should be quoted ($value in the lines referenced) and is not.

> Following I paste the errors reported by the updater (a little long list)
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> [Wed Nov 3 13:07:34 2010] updatedatabase.pl: DBD::mysql::db do failed: Table
> 'hold_fill_targets' already exists at

<snip>

All of the lines complaining about already existing rows, duplicate
keys, etc. can probably be safely ignored.

> [Wed Nov 3 13:10:19 2010] updatedatabase.pl: Argument "3.0100XXX" isn't
> numeric in numeric lt (<) at
> /home/koha/koha-clone/installer/data/mysql/updatedatabase.pl line 3803.

This is a bug and has been fixed.

Kind Regards,
Chris