[Koha] no item type and Not Renewable

Marty ontariowolf64 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 11 07:47:11 NZDT 2010

> nothing is renewable. Not a single thing, although all our items are at least 3 >times renewable.

>You have set these renewal limits in Administration -> Circulation and
>fines rules ?

Yes, all there (transfered from nozebra system)

> The other thing is that my itemtypes do not show up.

>Do you have item types defined at the item level or the bibliographicrecord level? >If the former, do you have the "item-level_itypes" system preference turned on?

Yes, it's on, I have double checked.
> 'Not Renewable' seems usually preceded by the number 2.

>I don't know if it's accurate, but "2" is the number of renewals Koha
>thinks your checkouts have already had.

That is possible. But it does not explain why I cannot renew anything.

It seems to me now that it has to do something with the items.

When I enter a new book everything is fine. However, on existing books I cannot change the items.

Edit record works, when I save I end up on the items page, as usual, but when I click on edit (edit item) it stays unchanged
(normally you will get your info, like barcode in the lower section, it does not appear there and if I type it in and click save changes it returns "Error saving item. Barcode must be unique")

Also, under date acquired it says MAIN (name of the library), while under "price effective from" it gives a 4 digit number, which is the old itemcallnumber for the  item. I can check out and return, but something is screwed up somewhere.

A bit odd all, but I do not know where to start looking, so any idea is welcome.

Marty