[Koha] Adding web pages to Koha

Brenner, Martin martin.brenner at whitfieldschool.org
Tue Mar 9 04:58:39 NZDT 2010

Hi everyone,

We just recently set up Koha 3.0.5 and we have it working the way we want it
to. It is great. Now, I would like to add some web pages that have the same
look and feel and maybe even some of the main OPAC functionality, but have
different content. For instance, I would like another page that gives the
links to the databases we have subscriptions to. (We currently have those in
the "OpacMainUserBlock," but I'd like to use that real estate a different
way if we could.)

Ideally, I would love to have some other pages that our teachers could
create for their research projects and even add discussion boards and other
things similar to Moodle. (I fully realize this is a bit of a dream, and
that I would have to install more software for some of the functionality.)

I think I need to know more about CSS to get what I'm thinking about. Does
anyone know a good walkthrough for something like this in Koha or even a
good CSS tutorial in order to acomplish this type of stuff?

Thanks for any time anyone is willing to give,
Martin

Martin Brenner
Head Librarian
Whitfield School