[Koha] Coming to NZ in October

Chris Cormack chrisc at catalyst.net.nz
Wed Jun 9 09:01:49 NZST 2010

Hi All

* Daniel Grobani (dgrobani at samuelmerritt.edu) wrote:

> Thanks for that info, Nicole. It led me to a round-trip ticket priced at
> US$1050. Unfortunately, it's San Francisco to Los Angeles to Sydney to
> Auckland, and it takes 24 hours!

The trick with Virgin Australia is for getting to Wellington, avoiding
Auckland completely. So for those not wanting to do the road trip, you
can do LAX -> SYD -> Wellington. That way you clear customs and
immigration in Wellington with much much shorter queues.

If you want to go to AKL, then yep Air NZ is a better bet.

> I kept looking and found that I can fly Air New Zealand direct in 13 hours
> for an additional US$400; I may have to do that, as it's hard to imagine
> subjecting myself to a 24-hour trip.
>
> By the way, anyone flying from the US should be sure to consult
> http://kohacon.appspot.com/2010/travel/US.html.

Or same page with a nicer url
http://www.kohacon10.org.nz/2010/travel/US.html

Also, Brooke has some good airline hints too.
http://koha-community.org/come-to-kohacon10/

Chris

--
Chris Cormack